I totally skipped February goals, so I’m going to head straight into March goals. It’s been one of those months where there’s so many things and I feel like I have so much on my plate. I’ve even given up some of the things I like doing (like comedy) in order to make my life a little more manageable.
At the weekend, I moved house, to a bigger room, with more people in the house, and with a much cheaper rent. I’m really hoping this move will help clear my head a little. With more physical space I might feel less trapped. And I enjoy living with more people as well, as you have a strong sense of community.
Here were my January goals:
- Go to the gym twice a week. – Eek. This did not happen. I got sick for most of February and I’ve gotten out of the gym habit. I have, however, been using my bike more.
- Use my new photography kit to take nicer photos for my blog. – I’ve not actually used my new kit yet, but I have arranged blogger playdates for myself, and I took a photography course! So another half done goal…
- Only allow myself to buy lunch once a week – I must make it every day. – Done! I’m getting quite good at batch cooking. The hard part is that I became vegetarian, so I’m almost retraining myself to cook things without meat.
- Learn at least one new recipe from any of the recipe books I have. – I’ve done this once a week! Again, one of the books I bought is now 99% errelevant now I’m meat free, but I’ll be adapting the recipes for veggie-ness.
- Enjoy putting together outfits and looking nice. – Uhm. No so much. I really want to overhaul my wardrobe, and I’ve started to do that. I’ve been buying really nice items on eBay, and selling things that I no longer want to wear. I’m halfway there.
So, I’d say I was halfway there. I made progress, but didn’t make complete changes yet.
For March, I could bring over some of these goals, but I’d like to change them up a little:
- To move forward my dating events. I have some people interested, I have a venue and I have some dates booked in. There hasn’t been as much of a takeup as I had hoped and so it’s easy for me to just give up completely, but I want to spend some time working hard to make sure this doesn’t end.
- To be more confident in my outfit choices. I stick to safe outfits, but I need to use the cute new items I’ve bought on eBay to make my look a little more confident.
- To arrange at least more blogger playdate, one more meal with friends, and continue to book in facetime with people I care about. Sometimes I get so busy I can go for weeks without spending time with people that matter to me.
- To stay up to date with social media scheduling. Block off one night a week to work on blog things.
What are your goals for this month? Do you have any advice for my goals?